OT? - A Reliable Long Distance Provider

I don't use LD much. Maybe 15 min. per month. All domestic US.
ATT jacked my flat fee about 300% not long ago and I flushed 'em.
Actually signed up for TCI, but found them to be more-or-less totally dysfunctional.
Now without a LD provider. Open to suggestions as to a reliable vendor, hopefully that will refund the LD connect fees. I do not require the lowest per-min. rate.
Thx, Peetie
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:55:44 -0600, Peetie Wheatstraw

Most Cell Phone plans do not charge extra for long distance. Minutz iz minutz!
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:19:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Sorry, shouda mentioned.
I am strictly land-line. Cell phone is mouldering in basement, and it's gonna stay there.
Peetie
"Blues starts to rolling ... stops at my front do'. I'm gonna change my way of livin' ... won't have to worry no mo'." - from "Blues Before Sunrise", Leroy Carr, maybe 1934
Puddin' Man wrote:

Can't you use a calling card instead of signing up with a carrier? For 15 minutest that would be the way to go if possible.
We can't help those who won't help themselves.
distance. Minutz iz minutz!

YAK is good. No fees 5 cents a minute..USA & Canada Billing comes on your reg phone bill
Dial 10-10-925-Areacode-number
www.yak.com

I just got thru with Vartec (10-10-297) and kinda assumed all the 10-10 vendors now had BS fees.
Yak looks good. I'll give it a try.
Much Thanks, Peetie

My father found that calling cards are the cheapest for him. He doesn't call long distance much either so it wasn't worth it to get an LD plan.

When you say "calling cards", are you talking about the prepaid calling cards that are commonly sold in discount and other retail stores?
Thx, Peetie
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote: ...

That would be my presumption, yes...

There are also some on the web like onesuite.com. You prepay here too, it's valid for 6month (min $10) and you can call a 1-800 or in many areas a local access# (cheaper). They don't have a connection fee and you don't have to pinch in your pin every time, if you setup your account with your phone#. The other features I like are their webphone for use on the computer and the chance to set shortcuts for your most dialed phone#.
I use them for quite a while now
Ludger

Looks interesting. Now on my list of possibilities.
Thanks, Peetie

Yes.

It may come to that.
Thanks, Peetie