one way glass tinting question

Thanks, if this new sign doesn't work, that will be the way to go (and conveniently there's a glass tinting place right in the office complex about 200' from me). Solicitors don't come by at night, so people seeing in at night isn't an issue.

Reply to
RobR

Since you have a tinting shop right there in the same complex, I would have them over there tomorrow.

"Should" only cost you about $25 (or less) to tint the glass. Then of course there is always the option for, you do something for me, I do something for you.

I used to have a glass business in a place exactly like what you are describing, it was pretty cool the amount of exchanged services that went on there.

I just can't believe those solicitors won't leave when you say "NO THANKS". Gezz

I never had a problem, they would just leave.

Reply to
Ron

Is it possible to use a venetian type shade at the door that could be positioned to let light in but would only afford a view of the floor or ceiling. Or if the louvers are vertical only a view where you can't see anyone. Or maybe one with fabric louvers that will let light in but not allow looking in. I'll wager that most of the time the delivery people are regulars who cover the same route. Teach them the "secret" knock.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

For the most part, they do just leave when asked, but with the numbers that come in the door, I want to stop them from even entering, and to make them think twice about bothering us. It has gotten to the point where work is disrupted. Even after they leave, my people sit around for the next 10 minutes and talk about how persistant and annoying they are.

Reply to
RobR

That's a pretty good idea too. My wife suggested something similar this evening. (The guys at the office wanted to put a bead curtain up, I'm not sure if they were serious or not :)). This is more practical if we can attach it to the door.

Reply to
RobR

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Another one walked in today despite the new sign with the NO TRESPASSING and the POSTED AT DIRECTION OF THE NBPT POLICE (I called and they recommended the wording yesterday). I also included the text from the MA law regarding trespass and postings. The guy left after I told him he was trespassing, but then stood outside the door with a notebook taking notes from my new sign. ARGGGHHH!!!!!!!! (Yes, I left the door unlocked today hoping the new sign would deter them. You need a key to get out if it's locked and that's a PITA - I'll change the lock once I decide if the door needs to remain locked).

"Did you see my sign?" Yes. "Then why are you here?" The bank sent me. "The bank? Which bank? This 'bank' sent you to my business, told you to ignore any signs you might see and to trespass? You're TRESPASSING!"

He then walked out without a word. I have to get into the habit of taking their cards first. I just hate being nice and then turning into a dick. I don't mind being a dick right off the bat, but I feel like a phony if I pretend to be nice just to get their card ... sort of like lowering myself to their level. Argh!!!

The police told me to call them next time it happens just so they have a report (and perhaps the town can use that data to enact new town ordinances). I've put them on speed dial. I'll take the card next time then immediately speed dial the police on speakerphone while they stand there wondering who I'm calling.

Reply to
RobR