Older Whirlpool washer water level gauge malfunctioning causing water over flow.

Has anyone else had this problem with their older model Whirlpool Washer, model no: LSR8233JQO. If you are not careful and switch the water lever control directly on low, medium or high the lever will stop in between the gauge and the water will continue to run and overflow because it can't read which water level it should stop at. It has ruin my hardwood floor twice . This has to be flaw that Whirlpool is aware of.
PatElane
So have you contacted the manufacturer? Write a note and put it on the machine to remind you if you forgot the problem.
Pat,
Don't own that washer but the water level switch used is common to many washers. I doubt that there is a flaw with the product and suspect that your switch has gone bad. The switch is pricey but easy to replace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbtwKey6kY

Dave M.
David L. Martel wrote:

We have Whirlpool laundry pair but different model with no such problem.
PatElane Erves wrote:

Wasn't there a revised replacement part for that? I think I read about it sosme where.