Old leather sofa question

I acquired an old black leather sofa. The color on it has faded as the leather is a little distressed. Is there anything I can do to it to renew the leather? I would hate to put the wrong thing on it and have it come off on anyone's clothes.
Phil =====visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website: http://www.hbd.org/nychg
Lexol Cleaner & Lexol conditoner (I use them on my leather furniture & car seats)
Don't know if anything can be done about the color
cheers Bob

I was thinking of using something like Kiwi liquid shoe polish/dye. Or would that come off on people's clothes?
Phil =====visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website: http://www.hbd.org/nychg

Stop spilling so much beer on it.

Suggest only sit on it while nude--the oils from your skin should do the trick, given enough time....
And now about the 'smell' ........well, thats something that might well warrant a new post, I suspect.
--
SVL

http://www.leatherique.com/ makes some great leather restoration products.
Steve B.
Phil writes:

I would try the auto parts store spray cans of vinyl color. Seems like it should bond to leather. A lot of leather is actually coated with vinyl.