Ok Heres your chance

Allright, I've been very busy hurling insults at you, now it's your turn to insult me!
I had new gutters installed last year. One of the downspouts runs from the second story to the ground floor, and terminates with the standard 90 degree elbow.
The problem is it terminates just outside my bedroom window.
When it rains, the water comes hurling down the downspout and splashes against the bottom of the elbow with a very loud, and not very friendly sounding.... um... well, for lack of a better term: PLONK.
IM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS.
Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?
Matt wrote:

Run a big galvanized chain (link type) down the inside of the gutter.

Quit insulting your gutters....Jim
Re-route the gutter to flow inside your bedroom window, and over to your bed.
If you wake up all wet and cold, move to another room thats not near a gutter.
"Jim M" <jim> wrote in message wrote in message

This is Turtle.
I think your cure was the best of all.
TURTLE

_That_ was a perfect answer for Matt. ;)
Next heavy downpour go out with one of those holy spatula's, to flip the rain out of eyes, and lean or shove on that downspout.
When runoff falls straight down an opening it stands to reason you're gonna hear lotsa noise when it hits that tin or alum ell, make the whole thing slightly crooked, or angled so water sticks to one side and it'll swirl. It'll Roar & Rattle with heavy runoff when it has the correct angle.

This is a common problem. One solution is to hang a plastic chain or rope inside the downspout.
THANKS EVERYONE!

You might try a rubber elbow....at least it would be quieter....Ross
The guy who did my gutter installed the downspout with an ever so slight tilt. Not enough to see but enough to make the water run down the sides instead of falling 2 stories. Before he did that I tie wrapped a sponge inside the bottom Elbow for a temporary fix.

Thanks again everyone.
I was thinking about just taking the 90 off, and letting the downspout dump into a splashblock; but I like these ideas better.
Thanks...!