Oily leak spot on ceiling??

Woke up today and found this leak on the first floor of my home. There are two bedrooms directly above with a bathroom down the hall. This has happened very suddenly, as I would have noticed it before. It feels oily and is obviously brown in color. Any idea what this could be? I have a guy coming out on Friday to take a look, but am I OK to take a shower??! I'm a bit paranoid as I am a new homeowner. Any help would be great!
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf3024ds2.jpg][IMG]
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3166/dscf3024ds2.th.jpg

Celebrate Wiki Group online Shop 7th Birthday, Promote sell Branded items with discount For Brand Handbags and wallet etc www.replicawiki.com For Brand Clothing and Shoes www.wikivog.com For Brand watches at www.wiki-watch.com Discount contact snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I'm thinking that it is something gross. Cut a big hole and find out as it won't fix itself. It's possible that someone may have spilled something in the room above.
Let us know what you find.

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf3024ds2.jpg][IMG]
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3166/dscf3024ds2.th.jpg rainwater, drainwater, main water? find a decorative escutcheon or service panel hinged to mount into the area where you do exploratory or repair work.

If you just moved in, does it look like the bathroom was updated? They may have just finished the room esteticaly without sealing pipes. looks like your going to have to bust a few holes.. go for it before it gets worst.