Oiling a fan

I have an old window fan, maybe 50 yrs old that works great but it hasnt been oiled or used in maybe 20 years. Today I put it to use in a window. Its a quality unit US made of course with a large motor with 2 oil ports, I put about 10 drops of oil in each port but I wonder if this is enough oil.

Reply to
ransley

That's plenty, what kind of oil was used?

Reply to
Eileen Youlik

does it run?

Reply to
Steve Barker

It runs great, smooth, nothing like the window fans you get today, its quiet and weights maybe 20lbs. I just used some oil for electric motors.

Reply to
ransley

I've seen various reccomendations. Any thing from two drops to 1/8 ounce, depending on what kind of motor. Sounds about right, to me. I like to put a drop or two where the center shaft meets the bronze berring. In addition to the oil holes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon