Oiling a fan

I have an old window fan, maybe 50 yrs old that works great but it hasnt been oiled or used in maybe 20 years. Today I put it to use in a window. Its a quality unit US made of course with a large motor with 2 oil ports, I put about 10 drops of oil in each port but I wonder if this is enough oil.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:24:30 -0700, ransley wrote:

That's plenty, what kind of oil was used?
On 8/30/2010 2:24 PM, ransley wrote:

does it run?
--
Steve Barker

It runs great, smooth, nothing like the window fans you get today, its quiet and weights maybe 20lbs. I just used some oil for electric motors.
I've seen various reccomendations. Any thing from two drops to 1/8 ounce, depending on what kind of motor. Sounds about right, to me. I like to put a drop or two where the center shaft meets the bronze berring. In addition to the oil holes.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus