oil change

Page 5 of 5
On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:47:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

All I can say is that you continue to misunderstand what I'm saying. They can't stay in business with 3 walmart customers if those walmart customers drive away 100 of their "good" customers.

Wrong. What *YOU* continue to misunderstand is that I *REJECT* what you're saying.

It is *not* in their business plan to drive *anyone* away who has money to spend in their stores.
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:09:03 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

It's clear you don't understand human nature. You are free to believe anything you want however.

It's clear you don't understand business. ...or much of anything else.
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:11:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

It could be the same guy who owns all of them but puts different names on them. Here in Phx the same company owns "Cost Plus", the poor peoples store, "Bashas", the normal peoples store, and "A.J.s" the yuppie and high roller store. I went to the high dollar store a couple times to see if the produce and meat there was any better. The prices were higher, way higher for the meat, but neither the meat nor produce was any better quality.
Ashton Crusher wrote:

Hi, Isn't that the beauty of free market? Or any body would like controlled economy? Shortage of things you need, etc. We have to pick and choose the system and live with it. We can pay sky is the limit high price or dirt cheap price whatever you buy according to our ways and means. I have pretty well equipped garage only w/o dug out pit(against code to have one). Used to do most of work on vehicles (all 4, ours and kid's) I get tired of crawling under the car now. Still I manage to change tires back and forth when season changes using air tools and floor jack.

Yes it is the beauty of the free market.

I've never subscribed to that theory. Yes, there are those that can afford a $40K car and have more than enough left over to never care what they pay for an oil change. However, there are also those that decide to buy as much car as they can, even if they have to shop around for the least expensive place to get the oil changed, or even do it themselves.
That's like saying if you can afford a house in the most expensive neighborhood in your town, you can afford to pay someone to mow the lawn. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe you can afford the house but only if you lower the cost of maintenance by doing a lot of it yourself.
Bottom line: just because someone owns an expensive car or house doesn't mean that they have unlimited resources.

...snip...

A local gas station/car wash chain also does oil changes, detailing, etc. When I get my receipt from any of their locations it lists all of the oil changes I've had done since I started using them about 4 years ago. I can get a copy of that record anytime I want.
I get a discount on gas when I buy a car wash and the purchase of the car wash gets me a discount on the oil change: $19.99.
Time it right, like I did this morning, and I'm in and out in less than 20 minutes.
herb white scrit:

Everyone has to start somewhere!