Odd homeowner insurance quote

Page 2 of 2
If you are buying directly off the internet, there is probably no agent involved (nor will there be if you try to collect), which would be a substantial savings.
I would suspect that also some of the coverages are limited in one way or another. The only way to check that would be to ask for a copy of the policy and read it very carefully. Unfortunately, I think it is safe to say that most of us can't read well enough to plow through all the carefully constructed language in there, and we don't find out what is uncovered, or how the coverage is limited, until we make a claim.
Lee Carkenord wrote:

there.
On 7 Sep 2004 11:08:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Lee Carkenord) wrote:

<snip>
There's also this. http://www.jdpower.com/cc/homes/insuranceratings/FindHomeInsuranceRatings.jsp
I have had several claims the last few years (trees on the house from wind storm, trees on the deck from ice storm). My insurance company paid promptly and reasonably. I have no idea if they are cheapest and don't care either. So, my advice is to go with one that neighbors say nice things about and forget anything over the internet.