oak flooring question

We have some very dark spots randomly about our tongue-in-groove oak flooring that were uncovered when we pulled carpets up. Friends tell me it's probably from pet urine from previous owners.
I intend to refinish the floors and stay with bare floors. What is a chemical treatment I can use to lighten those spots during refinishing?
rb wrote:

Sand first, then oxalic acid. Either the direct crystals or it's the most common active ingredient in the "wood deck cleaners". Go carefully to not over-bleach.
Thanks.

Do what dpb told you. If it does not get it out to your satisfaction, consider a stain on the wood to darken the rest of it so the spots don't stand out as much.