Non-auto circuit breaker

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Aye, I have learned. Fortunately it was only a $12 mistake, so I'm just going to call the thing a $12 lesson and move on.
In hindsight, I should have known what a "non-auto" breaker was, and noticed that the seller did not mention that he had tested the item. Live, learn, repeat.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Why did you jump to the assumption that the seller wouldn't accept the item back and refund the purchase price?
Why not advise th OP to wait and see if and how the seller responds before giving him the advice you did?
I've been using eBay for nearly 10 years now and only got screwed once, back when eBay let ivory carvings be listed. I bought a carving from a guy in Brooklyn which turned out to be plastic and the seller wouldn't repond to me. Shortly after that the seller was no longer on eBay.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

He bought an inexpensive item. It will be his responsibility to pay to ship it back, and probably not worth the money or effort.
Add pictures here
✖
RBM wrote:

Unfortunately, that is the situation. It was a $12 item which cost me $6.00 to have shipped to me, and would cost me another $6.00 to ship it back.
The seller was careful not to describe the item as being tested by him, only describing the item as being "fully functional" from a "working service".
If this actually had been a circuit breaker (and not just a switch, aka "non-auto breaker"), I would return it for replacement, but as it is, I'll just write it off.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 27, 10:20 pm, "Jon Danniken"

He doesn't have to say he tested it for you to have a valid claim. The description says that it is "fully functional" and since it is faulty, it is NOT. If it were me, I would contact the seller and ask for a refund, just so they don't get one over on me. Even if it costs $6 to ship it back, you still wind up $6 better off than you are now. That assumes of course they actually refund you the money, which if they have good feedback they very likely will. Also, I have had cases where the seller refunded shipping too. And cases where the seller refunded my money and told me to keep the item.
Add pictures here
✖

It was a $6 item, with $6 shipping. It will cost me $6 to ship it back.
If the seller doesn't refund the shipping (most don't), I end up spending $6 to get $6 back, plus the pleasure of going to the Post Office.
It's in the trash, and the box is in the recycle bin.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
Jon Danniken wrote:

Way back some guy used to sll guranteed coat hook ++ Jack nail! There are guys who play with words and guys like you who fall for it.
Add pictures here
✖