Noisy pipes

My 2 story house is about 22 years old.

This morning I was on the first floor while my wife was washing up on the second. The pipes were pretty noisy; more than I remember hearing before.

This concerns me because 2 years ago I replaced some ceiling tiles in the basement and found that a 20' run of pipes had pulled free of all the pipe hangers and was just shaking around. I reinstalled better hangers and it seems fine, but it worries me about the plumbing quality in general.

I don't know much about plumbing, but presumably the pipes upstairs run though holes in joist and can't move around much?

Should I be concerned about the noise? Is there anything, other than ripping up the floors and walls, to be done about this?

Thanks.

Reply to
toller
22 years ago a few builders started using floor trusses instead of joists, sometimes only on upper floors. In that case, the pipes would be using the same poorly installed hangers. Unlikely but possible.

Reply to
Art