Noisy pipes

Our pipes make a loud roaring noise when the toilet tank is flushing and re-filling. Our apartment had been empty for a few months when we moved in and initially the noise happened when running the hot tap. After a while this cleared up but then some people moved in upstairs after that apartment had also been empty for a few months. It started again but this time whilst flushing and re-filling.
It is the same noise (sounds a bit like a go-kart engine) so I can't see how it could be un-related but cistern noise solutions don't sound like they would work for this since it was originally related to the boiler.
It seems to be getting worse the more we use the toilet - if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Replace the flush valve

On Sep 3, 4:25 am, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Check your ballcock the device that fills the tank also the shutoff under the toilet if so equiped turn it off then open 2 turns if the noise is less or diminished it is piping related. Have the boiler pressure checked as possible it and the building pressure are set to high. May also be a poor plumbing job as this is not uncommon with people thinking it is simple and doing things they shouldn't.