Noisy DeHumidifer

Can anyone suggest an ultra-quiet de-humidifier for my basement? I purchased a Sears 50 Pint about a month ago and I am about to return it because it is simply too loud.
Thanks, -MikeB
Read consumer reports a few are rated and sears was one of the quietest.
How can anyone tell you this unless they sell different brands and know Sears also.
I have 2 sears units my new one is much quieter than the old. They all make noise. If noise is your criteria go to Radio Shack and get a sound meter then go test units.
I have a new Sears 50pt, its quiet as quiet goes. Yours may be defective or it may be one of the quietest. Sears 50 pt is very efficient and rated as one of the best, Thats why I have 2 , Efficiency was my no1 concern.
Try tightening the cabinet screws. Also make sure the floor is level to reduce vibrations. If too noisy might be defective.

purchased
is
message

my basement? I

am about to

True, and it might also be the mounting method. The noise generating parts (motor etc) should be well isolated to prevent transfer of vibration to the ductwork. Is it mounted CORRECTLY and to Sear's specific instructions? Or was a shortcut taken somwhere to make someting fit or be easier to do or service etc.
IMO, using a sound measurement at the store won't do any good: That is not anywhere near the environment found inside a plenum, chamber, etc., where these things are located. Depending on resonances and lots of other things the quietest system can be noisier than others after installation. Forget the sound meter; it only measure AIR transmission, not the transmission occurring inside a metal housing.
Pop