No clean cuts on kitchen granite?

No matter how high end the kitchens are, I've not seen a clean on site cut on a kitchen granite top yet including the ones in the granite showrooms. If you look at the mating edges where two granite slabs are butted together, you will see a gap of about 1/16" and the cut on the granite surface with thousands of small micro chips down the cut. In contrast, the factory cuts are so smooth and nearly invisible.
So why can't the best pros do a clean cut in the field? Could it be done in the field?

Equipment. The best is not portable.
wrote in message

What equipment would that be then, diamond blade, high pressure water or something else?
I did some test cuts on my sliding miter 10" wet saw with a good MK diamond blade and it chips just as badly as the pros.
Since measurements and templates are taken of the kitchen counter beforehand why, for the life of me, don't they pre cut it at the warehouse or factory?

FWIW, the folks who installed my granite didn't cut anything but the small hole for the faucet on site. I'd visited their fabrication facility and they had a lot of really big and loud saws, and a ton of floorspace. The location was actually an old civil war canon ball factory, of all things.
Then again, I didn't get the full benefit of these guys as my countertop layout was just right to get done in just under a full slab worth and didn't need any seams.
Best Regards, -- Todd H. http://toddh.net /
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.net says...

They do OK on the cutting in the field, the question is whether they have a competent edge-finisher go over it after they make the cut. That's a step lots of people skip for butt joints, since the edge isn't all that visible. But if you want a truly clean edge, you need to have it polished after cutting it.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/

I have all clean cuts on my kitchen counters, But as mentioned it was all prefabricated at the shop. The installer said there is a lot of hacks out there they cut it in their garage with hand tool ( circular saws with diamond blades) People have told there granite was cut right in the driveway. It's like anything do your home work especially on finding an installer. I went threw a big shop show room there own installers.
ANSWERS BELOW
| No matter how high end the kitchens are, I've not seen a clean on site cut | on a kitchen granite top yet including the ones in the granite showrooms. If | you look at the mating edges where two granite slabs are butted together, | you will see a gap of about 1/16" and the cut on the granite surface with | thousands of small micro chips down the cut. In contrast, the factory cuts | are so smooth and nearly invisible.
the 1/16" gap is for the epoxy. seems when color matched with the granite are virtually invisible. the trick is to use different colors from the granite and mix into the epoxy (NOT clear silicone) then scraped with a new razor blabe, flush with granite top. then polished.
otherwise it is done WRONG.
| | So why can't the best pros do a clean cut in the field?
who says we can't? you......................hahahahahahaha
Could it be done in the field?
yes it can by a real professional not the lowest bidder.