new thermometer for 2 stage furnace

My sister has the following: a TRANE XL 80, model #TUD080R936A1, an upflow, gas-fire, 2-stage fan assisted combust. There are 5 wires. The thermostat is also a TRANE - no model number that I could find but it's the old kind (not digital, notprogramable, etc). She wants to install a 7 day programmable thermostat--can it be done and what model is a good one. Thanks.
patliz1 wrote:

Simple. Buy Honeywell.
http://content.honeywell.com/yourhome/ptc-thermostats/RTH8500.asp (the retail version)
http://www.heater-home.com/product/TH8110.aspx (the trade version...note, it really ISN'T pink as shown in the photo).

This one of the best stats out there but you'll probably need a pro to install it. Cool site too...
http://www.hotfreshcool.com/vp_demo.html
I have a trane XL80 and installed a 7 day programmable thermostat. The thermostat came with wiring diagrams for every situation. I just matched my wires to their diagrams. I have a Lux thermostat but they may all have those diagrams.