new shower glass door installed- company put on a special coating on glass

I just had a new glass shower door installed... The company where I bought the glass door said they put on a sealer so that it will prevent scum from accumulating.. They say when water hits the glass it will bead off like rainx.. I noticed that when I clean the glass with a microfiber there still is a 'film' or shadow, almost looks like 'specks'.. what the heck is this? is this a defect? Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
KOS wrote:

what did the installing company say when you asked them?
Add pictures here
✖

what did the company that installed it say?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 14, 2:04 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Just had it installed.. I have not yet called them.. Anyone have any experience with the sealer that glass companies put on shower doors?
Add pictures here
✖
KOS wrote:

the installer does. that should be your first call. we have no idea what they used. we weren't there, and i can't see it from where i'm sitting. perhaps if you hold it a little to the left?
there are many coatings this could be. glass doesn't need a sealer, since it's not porous. there may be some coating, and that could be darn near anything. it's 'probably' something similar to rain-x, but there's no way to for us to tell.
what did the company that installed it say when you called them?
Add pictures here
✖

I have not called the installer just yet... I will be doing that.. However, they did not do the coating..they, upon buying the glass, said the company/manufacturer puts on this "sealer' or coating at the factory
Add pictures here
✖
KOS wrote:

if the installer bought the glass, the installer is responsible for the product. it is their responsibility to answer your questions. if they don't have answers for you, it is their responsibity to find the answers to your satisfaction. if it is defective, they are responsible for replacing it. if you are unhappy with the product, then you can either withhold final payment until you are satisfied, or take them to small claims court.
Add pictures here
✖
KOS wrote:

Try this link: http://tinyurl.com/3qn33t7 .
I don't really know the answer, but I thought the above link was cool and would help.
Here are three of the results that came up:
http://www.coastalglassdist.com/products/showerguard.php
http://www.coastalglassdist.com/products/pdfs/cleaning_instructions.pdf
http://kitchen-remodeling-pictures.com/bathroom-remodel/shower-door/clear-glass-door-coating.htm
Hope this helps.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:58:37 -0700, KOS wrote:

Microfiber what? You may have damaged the coating. You should only wipe it off with a towel.
Add pictures here
✖

All these hard to keep clean glass showers and doors, just create maintence headaches:(
not wworth it if you ask me:(
Add pictures here
✖

Don't know what specs are. Shower guard? Crystal fusion?
Cost me $200 to get windshield treatment. Said it helps prevent cracks. The reason I had it done, I almost wrecked when a truck flung a huge amount of mud water on my windshield. Even though I use some rainx, I was just stunned for a few second driving down a narrow river road.
Greg
Add pictures here
✖