New shingles

My neighbor's roof received minor storm damage recently and she called a roofer. She was told that they couldn't replace individual shingles anymore because shingle size has changed from inches to metric length. I haven't heard this before. True?
Red
Red wrote:

What a load of bull! Three tab still has both metric and standard sizes and any architectural shingle can be cut to size even if the original size no longer existed, which it does.
Tell that roofer to take his baloney elsewhere, you're all full up here.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

you should report him to the BBB outright lie

Unbelievable. Call up the roofer and give them a verbal beating and/ or report them to the BBB and whoever does contractor licensing where you are.

As otheres have said, both sizes still available.
Even if he were correct, you could cut down a 3 tab enough to use. The slots might be off by a smidge but not enough to matter.
Harry K

The roofer lied to convince the buyer into an entire roof. More $$$. Perhaps she should call a handyman instead.

bad lying roofer