New requirement for Electric cars. Straw in the spoke.

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:19:44 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Get in an accident and they'll fold up like one.

Don't you just love the sound of the Jetsons car? ^_^
TDD
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:47:38 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Well, sure. I sorta liked Astro's voice, too.
-snip-

I agree-- and the start-up, and reverse sounds should be different, but one should be that 'meet George Jetson' riff.
Jim
On 1/10/2013 6:14 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Sort of reminds me of the old Western Electric company from the early days when they used to make vacuum cleaners. They had an excellent unit, that had more suction than the competition, but couldn't sell them. Why? They were too quiet and the users perceived them to not be as powerful as the noisy competition!
And the cake mix that didn't sell, with just add water. They changed the directions to add an egg and water, and sales took right off.
I was cleaning carpet for a restaurant, years ago. Using the unscented detergent. I ran out, and had to use the stinky stuff. The manager came by, and remarked how that stuff really was working. Not sure it really did any better.
wrote in message
Sort of reminds me of the old Western Electric company from the early days when they used to make vacuum cleaners. They had an excellent unit, that had more suction than the competition, but couldn't sell them. Why? They were too quiet and the users perceived them to not be as powerful as the noisy competition!
Per Metspitzer:

Riding my bike, I've been startled several times by cars passing me in electric mode. No close calls yet, but the hazard seems obvious.
I recall an interview with somebody about a deceased deaf person. The question arose "How did he die?". The answer was "The same way the vast majority of deaf people die: he was hit by a car.".
Rang true to me at the time, and now it's been re-enforced.
--
Pete Cresswell

Per HeyBub:

I cannot cite, but somewhere I read a piece where somebody asked how a deceased deaf person died. The answer was to the effect of "They died the same way most deaf people die: hit by a car."
It rang true to me then and now, after being surprised by a few electric cars while riding my bike, it rings even truer.
--
Pete Cresswell

The best noise is the sound of the revving motor over a speaker.
Enthusiasts will use more powerful system. Dual stereo pipes.
Greg
On 1/12/13 7:57 PM, gregz wrote:

Glass pack mufflers on the 383s, 390s, and the 396s (CID)from days of yore. Accept no substitutes.
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 20:07:53 -0600, Dean Hoffman

That is music! Not like the sound on some rice burners today. God, it is nauseating to hear some of them.
On 1/12/2013 7:57 PM, gregz wrote:

Like the big man's car in the movie "Escape from New York". You always knew when that big Caddy was coming. ^_^
TDD

John Carpenter is way over rated as a director. I've never seen one I like.