new refridgerator oil leaking???

I have a new refridgerator and I turned it up earlier today. This evening I found a film of a while oil type substance along the front of the fridge on the floor beneath the door. I can't figure out where it came from. The reason I turned the fridge up as that I think it is not cooling like it should. Are the two related? Also how cold should I be able to get a fridge down to on its coolest setting? TIA Gary

The oil is sealed inside the compressor canister and should not leak. Check for that leak. Warranty? The oil serves several functions. As a lubricant of course, to dampen the compressor noise, to act as a solvent for the refrigerant and to act as a "radiator" coolant. The radiator functions by drawing oil from the bottom through the compressor-motor shaft and flinging it out on top. The heat extracted by the oil's passage through the shaft then runs down the wall of the canister and yields it heat along the way.

If it's a frost free and I assume it is and you turned it hi then your OIL maybe WATER overflow of the evaporater pan that collects the watr when it goes into defrost cycle which normally evaporates as the compressor runs. BY the way, did you read the instructions that came with the unit? If not then do so thats what they were for.
It is only a few months old. I turned it down today and it seems to be working fine. No oil on floor this morning. It must have been from something else.

Properly set, the temperature should be about 36 to 38 degrees. Get a thermometer to be sure. Coldest setting will start to freeze stuff. I have no idea about the oily stuff on the floor . How new is new? Under warranty? If so, call the dealer and let them figure it out.

New-warranty-phone call to retailer-phone call to mfgr?
Yup, I'll do that if I see the symptom again.