new flapper still leaks

I replace my 20 years old toilet (KOHLER) with a new fill value (made by MJSI www.gomjsi.com) and a flapper. It still leaks..at about 4 hours tank is empty looks like it is leaking into bowl (no water around toilet area)
At this point I am not sure what could be causing it to leak? should I try another flapper...

The flapper seat must be smooth, just changing the flapper does no good if the seat is corroded or has gunk build-up.

If the seat is brass, try smoothing it out with a Brillo pad. Otherwise you might have to get an OEM flapper. I've had problems with my 20+ year old Eljer toilet in the past with the flapper. Then I ordered an OEM Eljer flapper and have no probems since. I ordered from these guys, http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com / they have all schematics online and very helpful. You might want to consider getting an OEM fill valve as well.

Call Kohler customer service for the right part. Top notch people to deal with, reasonable prices, too. It also appears your new fill valve isn't working right or it would keep the tank filled if the flapper is leaking. Food coloring is commonly used to trace water flow in toilets.
Joe
c_shah wrote:

I know many people will say this is NG, but I have done it for many, many years without a problem. I put a thin layer of petroleum jelly on the rubber. I know, petroleum and rubber don't get along, however, as I said, the rubber never deteriorated from this. BTW, I think one of the problems with leakage is due to the lower flush toilet having less "head pressure" due to shorter tanks. With the older toilets, higher tanks meant more pressure on the flap, leading to a tighter seal.
c_shah wrote:

If I read your post correctly, you put one of the new flush controllers and a new flapper in your old toilet. I'm guessing the problem is with the new controller and thinking that maybe the so called cleaning action is pushing the flapper to allow leakage.
The controller in an old toilet does not seem like a good idea as old toilets were designed to use a lot of water. I remember the old days when a lot of us were adding bricks to the tank to use less water and results were unsatisfactory.
I'm just a regular old home owner but these are my thoughts.

An old toilet could need the drain seat filled smooth
On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:47:51 -0700 (PDT), c_shah

What model fill valve? What type of flapper?
In article

Could a cracked overflow tube be the problem?
Erik

Nine times out of ten the seat where the flapper seals simply needs a good cleaning. Tiny fragments from the old perished flapper are probably stuck on the seat preventing a proper seal.
I tried another flapper and it worked.
What I had to to clean the flapper seat throughly and I tried another flapper (korky) and it worked.
Hello
Dear friends, I'm glad to meet with you I am a supplier, there are many varieties of products Hairdressing hair care products, beauty skin care products, fitness DVDetc If you are interested in Please contact me

I'd like to meet you too. How about lunch? Is your wife cute? If she is, bring her along too. Unless her flapper leaks.
On 3/11/2016 9:07 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The spammer's wife gets a great price on hair care products.
--
.
Christopher A. Young