New England Winter Frost Heave keeps cracking cellar bulkhead recap...

Over and over again, every winter!

We had the concrete bulkhead filed down to just above the level of our patio, then recapped and a new hatch door installed, back in Sept 2013. Summer 2014 the company came back, per warranty, and repaired the apron. Feb 2015, cracks are back, and humidity is back up in cellar like before.

What to do?

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Serious question here - NO takers??

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Dehumidifier?

Reply to
bob_villa

bob_villa:

Dehumidifier - cranking away.

What I really need is a solution to the yearly cracking of the concrete apron. I would still run the dehum, but it wouldn't have to work as hard.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

You need a knowledgeable person about concrete. It may have to be thicker, deeper, or reinforced with rods. My experience in that areas is limited so I'm not going to suggest anything other that change what you have done.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

W/o even a picture to look at, impossible to say anything other than you need a soils engineer type expert. I'd guess likely will be a larger rather than smaller job to do right.

Reply to
dpb