New breaker box?

Hi folks,
I bought a home a year ago that was built in 66. I've since added 2 new circuits to the breaker box. I've noticed that at the top of the box it says "amperes 150". The box's circuits total almost 210amps. is the label of 150 amperes the max it's allowed? Am I over? Do I need a new box? It was over 150 before I added the 2 20 amp circuits. I am probably answering my own question...
do i run a fire risk leaving it like this, if it is over?
RedDwarf wrote:

The box rating/breakers are total. All circuits in the box aren't at (anywhere near) full capacity simultaneously so the total ratings of the individual circuits can (and normally do) exceed the overall box rating. _IF_ (the proverbial "big if") you had a total load that did exceed the 150A, it would trip the main while each individual circuit could still be under it's rated load and not trip. That's by design.
So, it's probably ok still in compliance unless you've added large continuous loads like AC or resistance heaters. An additional lighting or outlet circuit is not an issue if the work was done properly.

no biggie as lons as you dont max out the number of breaker slots. who made the panel?

it's cuttler hammer. I appreciate all the information everyone. It sounds like i'm in good working order. most of the stuff won't be operating at full load generally. Thanks again!

buffalo ny: not if you put your left hand in your pocket and use your right hand to call an electrician to have a look. he'll measure your loads and see any dampness hazards and recommend gfi's or arc faults or whole house power surge devices. and tighten down the service screws. and check your ground. and recommend any new service that you might want or even need. since you asked, you know you're not happy with your new circuits or the loads, so just call the guy. -b

Assuming that the "150 amperes" was referring to a single, main circuit breaker, it's perfectly safe. If it's referring to the panel rating, and there are multiple main disconnects in the box, you may have an issue
RedDwarf posted for all of us...

jillion times didn't you...