New AC Unit Price?

What is a fair price for a new AC unit including installation in the Washington DC area. The unit would be a Trane 3ton 10t including the coil in the furnace.
I heard that starting June 1 you would not be able to get 10t units due to federal restrictions. Is that true?
Also, what other AC units would folks reccomend.

Jan 26th, 2006
Fair price? btw 2k and 5k
It is 10 SEER, not 10t. SEER means seasonal energy efficiency ratio. The higher the SEER, the cheaper it is to operate it. If you are going to use it more than 3 to 5 years, a 12 to 13 SEER will be cheaper to own. Also make sure your contractor does a load calculation instead of using the 500 Sq. Ft. per ton rule of thumb. It will be more efficient, last longer and dehumidify better than an oversized unit.
Stretch

This is Turtle.
till after January 26, 2006 10 seer units may get hard to Buy , get , or installed.
Wanting a 10 seer unit is not a real good ideal when they are being phases out of use. The same ideal is wanting a leaded gas car when the new ones were coming out with No-Lead fuel types.
TURTLE
Home or business? Do you have central AC at the present? What type of heating system do you have now?
The company I used to work, used Heil whenever possible. Though, we did use Rheem a couple times, and it worked very nicely.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus