neon lighgts

how long have people been making neon signs?
On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 11:14:05 PM UTC-5, maddison wrote:

Another clueless poster from 'homeownershub' who cannot conduct their own search. Hint: Neon lights have been manufactured for over 100 years.
On 10/11/2016 04:14 AM, maddison wrote:

Approximately 1.1 bazillion seconds
On 10/11/16 12:14 AM, maddison wrote:

Most folks generally make them about 18 inches long though others go bigger. Depends on the application and available space...
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law

People dont make neon signs, Beer companies make them ! :)
Wade Garrett posted for all of us...

+1
--
Tekkie

Neon was discovered in May of 1898, so that would be the earliest possible date.
It was discovered by cooling air into liquid, then warming it slowly so the various gases came out one by one and could be separated.
It was noted immediately that neon gave off a brilliant red light, so I gue ss you could say that was the first neon light, though unintentional. I ha ve no idea when commercial neon signs were available. Even at that time pe ople had long been adept at drawing and shaping glass tubing, so signs woul d have been possible soon.

.. as long as neon signs have existed - p e o p l e have been making them ! :-) John T.