Neighbors fence on my property.

Page 1 of 4
My back neighbor's fence is on my property anywhere from 1 inch up to 6 inc hes in places. We have known about this since we moved in but felt that 6 inches wasn't anything to really worry about. However, this neighbor has b een nothing but a pain in the behind. Last year he tried to claim 2 feet o f our yard because a next-door neighbor was putting up a fence. He hired a company to survey the property which clearly shows the fence is on my prop erty. Now he is blowing his yard waste through the fence and into my yard along with any sticks/branches that fall from his trees over the fence into my yard. We had planned on ignoring the 6 inches but now I want him to mo ve the fence in accordance with city ordnance of 6 inches inside the proper ty line.
We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had my limit. He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely stat ed, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste i nto my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. He said "There's nothing you can do to stop me sweetheart." Sorry but that just sounds like a chall enge to me and I've had enough of his condescending ways towards women.
Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of ti me? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?
On 10/1/2013 2:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@go-concepts.com wrote:

Like in a divorce, a hit man is less expensive. ^_^
TDD
You can and probably should force him to MOVE IT!
However before you escalate to a neighborhood war:( Do YOU have any skeltons in your closet?
barking dogs, work on cars in your driveway? grass a bit high? house need painted?
the person will retailate to try and make you miserable, and the cancer can spread to other neighbors.....
just be aware of the slippery slope you are on..........
On 10/1/2013 12:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@go-concepts.com wrote:

didn't we just go through this with someone else?
On 10/1/2013 3:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@go-concepts.com wrote:

Good fences make good neighbors. With this clown, I'd be putting up a stockade fence.

This should be a fun thread.
What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults start flying between subscribers to this fine group?
On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:21:33 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

What a stupid thing to say!
<grin>
On 10/2/2013 8:39 AM, micky wrote:

The OP needs to consult attorney familiar with her area. IANAL; DAMHIKT! YMMV.
On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:53:08 -0400, Stormin Mormon

It was a joke, about Dad's statement. That's why there was a grin at the end.

On 10/2/2013 9:29 AM, micky wrote:

Damn center posters!

Not that stupid. You have just fired the first insult.
On 10/2/2013 9:06 PM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

That's more of an adjective, about the comment. The comment was stupid. Didn't call the poster stupid. Does that qualify as insult? What a mistaken characterization of insult!
On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 22:06:26 -0400, Stormin Mormon

in ages. Why, it would qualify for Monty Python. Bloody what?
On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:17:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Nose? Hell? Mary?
On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:06:24 -0700, Jennifer Murphy

On the contrary. I just showed that he was right.
<grin>
On 10/01/2013 01:21 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Some threads are like children; they are cute and interesting when first born, but when they start screaming, crying, and sh*tting all over themselves it is time to depart.
Jon
On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:42:12 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@go-concepts.com wrote :

[...]

If you are clean, get a copy of the survey showing the property line, and r emeasure everything to be sure of the 6" overage.
Once you are sure you are clesn, go to your local municipal building and zo ning department and follow their advice.
On 10/1/2013 3:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@go-concepts.com wrote:

You really think a bunch of non attorneys can answer that?
You really think an attorney, reading this, will answer, based on your lack of details?
Not happening.