Neighbors fence on my property.

inches in places.

anything to really worry about. However, this neighbor has been nothing b ut a pain in the behind. Last year he tried to claim 2 feet of our yard be cause a next-door neighbor was putting up a fence. He hired a company to s urvey the property which clearly shows the fence is on my property. Now he is blowing his yard waste through the fence and into my yard along with an y sticks/branches that fall from his trees over the fence into my yard. We had planned on ignoring the 6 inches but now I want him to move the fence in accordance with city ordnance of 6 inches inside the property line.

Since the neighbor obviously doesn't give a damn and since the neighbor apparently put up the fence, it's almost a certainty that the neighbor isn't going to respond like you seem to think he will. He asked the neighbor not to blow crap into his yard.

""Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile"

Not when you have an AH for a neighbor who blows crap in your yard, throws branches over the fence, even after you've told him to stop. You can go bake him a cake and kiss his ass, but it's not going to matter. He's going to see you as another pussy that he can walk all over.

That wouldn't be my way of handling it. A guy is stealing your newspaper and you "thank" him? Good grief! I suppose if he mugged you, you'd wish him a happy day.

That's because you can't apply it and apparently even you realize it.

Reply to
trader4

Some threads are like children; they are cute and interesting when first born, but when they start screaming, crying, and sh*tting all over themselves it is time to depart.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

(I don't know how long ago this was.)

Since she's already asked him, it might not be needed to ask again.

But if she hadn't asked him, no matter how nasty he'd been to her on other things, no matter how convinced she was that he was everything you think he is, it would still be necessary to ask him this particular thing once, for the record

As to the time you quote above, maybe his ulcer was acting up, or he got no sleep t he night before because his hip hurt. Maybe he's tormented not knowing whether to get a hip replacement or not, and not knowing how he'll pay for it if he does get it....... Maybe these things and others don't bother him as much every day as they did that day. Or maybe he's nasty most of the time, but the OP may still catch him when he's in a good mood.

EVen then. Perhaps especially then. We've had this sort of interchange before, where you think bad people are hopelessly bad and I don.t.

And that's why YOU woudl have your paper stolen every time he was there for as long as you lived there. I on the other hand never had our paper stolen agani. Yet you read this story and still insist you'd do it your way. You remind me of the angry man who blows trash into his neighbor's yard.

Things that aren't true seem to be apparent to you. If you don't get over that, that alone will cause you problems.

I don't know how to apply it because I'm not there, I don't see the possible interchanges they have, or the hundreds they've had in the last several years. I have very littel info about the n'bor and none about who else might live there. Same with the OP. Plus I wasn't willing to think about it any more. I'd already spent more than 5 minutes writing my answer. That's enough, unless the OP were to ask a question about it.

Reply to
micky

nto my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile"

Try reading the post. From the very first one:

"He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my y ard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me of having an unke mpt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. "

Why, just because you say so? If a neighbor who has been a belligerent, ho stile and unresponsive in the past is blowing crap ant throwing debris on to your yard, there is no reason, anyone shouldn't just call the police.

Do try to respond to the actual facts stated, instead of making them up as you go:

"We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had m y limit. "

Or maybe he's nasty most of the time, but the OP may still

Yeah, how did that work out for you with Lisa and the dirt pile. I told you that a neighbor who would pile dirt onto your property after being specifically told not to, is a skunk. The contractor told her they would remove it pronto. Last we heard from Lisa was two weeks later and the dirt was still there.

See, there you go again. Just because I'm going to stand up for my rights and not kiss someone's ass, when they are committing theft of my property, you magically transform that into me the type that blows trash into a neighbor's yard? Unbelievable. And on top of that, it's clear you haven't even paid attention to the original post.

Reply to
trader4

It time to put up a 8 foot Privacy Fence @ the city ordnance of

6 inches inside the property line.

Now he will not blow his yard waste through the fence no more into your yard and for sticks/branches from his trees Cut the one over the fence into your yard

And say to Him with a Big Smile Thank you sweetheart How you like your Trees

Reply to
Hot-Text

Wow! A whole six inches?

Let me get this straight... You have known about this for seven year, now he as pissed you off for something totally unrelated, so to get back at him you want to force him to move the fence. Does that sum it up?

You can ask a court to "make him".

He can ask a court to make you replace it.

Or you can pretend that he nor the fence is a problem. It's better for your sanity and maybe you car's tires. ...but it's your choice.

Me? I try like hell to not stir up hornets' nests and let dogs sleep.

Reply to
krw

Funny how a post will start a flame war, but the OP never shows up again to answer questions....

Whatever the neighbor blows through the fence can't amount to enough to worry about, unless it is a wide open fence...very peculiar sounding problem. Branches and twigs will fall where they may....if they fall naturally from overhanging branches, they are your (OP) branches.

With a neighbor relationship already badly strained, it would be foolhardy to try to move a fence that the OP didn't care about until they got pissed....IMO, it would be asking for permanent war and not worth the cost.

When my folks moved to Florida after retiring, my mom spent lots of time and effort landscaping the yard in the brand-new home. The neighbor across the street had been "famous" in the 'hood for his landscaping, but got royally pissed at my mom when her yard looked better than his. He had been friendly, but then never spoke to my folks again. Funny world.

Reply to
Norminn

I'd say it was well handled. No confrontation, no arguments, point made. Well made.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Not that stupid. You have just fired the first insult.

Reply to
Jennifer Murphy

That's more of an adjective, about the comment. The comment was stupid. Didn't call the poster stupid. Does that qualify as insult? What a mistaken characterization of insult!

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

She insulted your insult.

Reply to
krw

That was just the silliest off topic insult I've seen in ages. Why, it would qualify for Monty Python. Bloody what?

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Nose? Hell? Mary?

Reply to
krw

On the contrary. I just showed that he was right.

Reply to
micky

You'r e right!!

This is probably not as trivial as the landscaping, but a the wife X of a friend of mine told his mother, "If we ever get a divorce, I'll get remarried faster than your son will."

Later they did divorce and she had custody of the child but let my friend see him whenever he wanted to, often several times a week, without more than a phone call a couple minutes in advance.

Then when my friend got remarried, that ended, no impromptu meetings, no meetings not in the court schedule, and she would make up stories that the child was sick when he went for scheduled visits. He went at least two months without seeing him.

Had to take the ex to court. The case immediately before theirs was also a case of the ex-wife interfering with visitation and the judge put her in jail. That shook up X and she was cooperative, for quite a while.

He still spent a lot of money on lawyers that could have better been spent on the kid.

Reply to
micky

two words, Mulching lawnmower

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy

So simple and logical I'm surprised you thought of it first :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Had a conversation with a family friend who had recently been divorced and had a six-year-old child....he mentioned that he was trying hard to get along with the ex for the child's sake....coulda' tried that before the divorce :o)

As for attorneys, my not-extensive experience has found that they are totally, absolutely worthless 75% of the time. One probably would have been in peril of losing his license if I had filed a complaint.

MD's run about the same score, the difference being that they can/do save lives when the going gets rough. OTOH, they sure can mess stuff up. Friend recently dx with prostate cancer .... biopsy positive. Check. Bone scan positive. Check. NO information as to how treatment, already begun, would change based on the ca spread. Not one mention; just phone call from nurse. MD's, any more, remind me of vacuum cleaner salemen...."got a nifty colonoscopy for you, $500 down and easy monthly payments". "But doc, I got no risk of colon cancer but I can't climb steps any more."

Reply to
Norminn

Well, at the time the bridge was put in place, he didn't own it. And, it involved the old dirt logging road running parallel to the creek. In NC, once a road, always a road. Now, this road is fully on his 100 or so acres of land, so I guess now, it's his road and his alone.

It's a post with stacked rocks all the way up about 8' high. It is huge, probably about 3' across at the base. But, I really don't care unless he complains about the bridge, which, BTW, just sits on the edge of the creek.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Yes, nice approach, if you like letting people spit in your face and then telling them that it must be raining. I suppose a rape victim should just say, thank you, but I really didn't enjoy it. Hell, let's not offend anyone, not a thief, not anyone. Sad to see how politically correct and emasculated this country has become.

Reply to
trader4