Needs to drill 3" hole through ext wall.

it's brick and block. any ideas.. I don't have a drill that big, my goodness!

Rent a diamond hole saw and a big drill to power it at your local tool rental place. It will be well worth the $20. You'll probably need an extension as well, to get all the way through.
Alternative is to drill a ring of 1/4 inch or so holes with a hammer drill and a long masonry bit and then chisel out the waste. It will take a lot longer and will give you a rough sided hole, but will get the job done.
HTH,
Paul Franklin
Paul Franklin wrote:

I'll have option A there, for $20 Yeah I agree, man, when you got the right tools, it makes you feel smart
chickenwing wrote:

It's ok, take your time. Now I do have a 10 GA Turkey gun, I wonder if that would get it started
Draw the circle on the brick with a Sharpie. Then drill holes with a small masonry bit (3/16", 1/4", whatever) all the way around the line. Knock the piece free.
Mike

Single Jack and a cold chisel.
Goedjn wrote:

What is the jack for

the Jack refers to the weight of the hammer Single Jack and Double Jack Can't remember what weight the double Jack kicks in Might be LBS. and up
Single Jack Hammer: A single jack (3- to 4-pound head with short handle) hammer can be used with a star drill to punch holes in rock. The single jack can also be used to drive bridge spikes, and other uses that are too demanding for a regular claw-hammer, but do not require the heavy duty blows of a sledge.
I beleive a single jack was called that because it was used with a single hand, a double jack required two hands...........why they're called "jacks" I don't know
cheers Bob
Dependin on how uniform & cleanly drilled the hole needs to be........
you could rent a Bosch or Hilti rotary hammer and a 3" core bit
cheers Bob