Needs to drill 3" hole through ext wall.

it's brick and block. any ideas.. I don't have a drill that big, my goodness!

Reply to
chickenwing

Rent a diamond hole saw and a big drill to power it at your local tool rental place. It will be well worth the $20. You'll probably need an extension as well, to get all the way through.

Alternative is to drill a ring of 1/4 inch or so holes with a hammer drill and a long masonry bit and then chisel out the waste. It will take a lot longer and will give you a rough sided hole, but will get the job done.

HTH,

Paul Franklin

Reply to
Paul Franklin

It's ok, take your time. Now I do have a 10 GA Turkey gun, I wonder if that would get it started

Reply to
chickenwing

I'll have option A there, for $20 Yeah I agree, man, when you got the right tools, it makes you feel smart

Reply to
chickenwing

Draw the circle on the brick with a Sharpie. Then drill holes with a small masonry bit (3/16", 1/4", whatever) all the way around the line. Knock the piece free.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Single Jack and a cold chisel.

Reply to
Goedjn

What is the jack for

Reply to
neverhirelocalmen

the Jack refers to the weight of the hammer Single Jack and Double Jack Can't remember what weight the double Jack kicks in Might be LBS. and up

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Single Jack Hammer: A single jack (3- to 4-pound head with short handle) hammer can be used with a star drill to punch holes in rock. The single jack can also be used to drive bridge spikes, and other uses that are too demanding for a regular claw-hammer, but do not require the heavy duty blows of a sledge.

I beleive a single jack was called that because it was used with a single hand, a double jack required two hands...........why they're called "jacks" I don't know

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Dependin on how uniform & cleanly drilled the hole needs to be........

you could rent a Bosch or Hilti rotary hammer and a 3" core bit

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207