Need to make airtight 2x50' long 1.5" diameter vacuum hoses for siphon

Page 3 of 3
On Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:47:56 AM UTC-4, TimR wrote:

Good grief. More fairy tales. It's May 8th. The pool has been in the 60's for weeks and there hasn't been a single day I or anyone else has been tempted to go in it. Even a month ago, it was in the 50s. What would you do with a pond on your property? Cover that up too, until July? And if this alleged hopping in the water is instantly fatal, then I should be seeing lots of reports of it happening in bays, oceans, rivers every Spring. I can't recall it happening. I do recall that every year the polar bear folks have a go at jumping in the ocean in January, hundreds of them, making a big spectacle for TV. If they were dying, seems that would be featured in the TV report and make a hell of a story. So, sorry, but I'm not worried about someone drunk doing something stupid, that's just part of what goes with a pool. Look and you'll find plenty of drunks and idiots that have died in pools, hot tubs etc that were operating normally. If I wanted to make a similar loony argument, I could claim that the pool with a cover is far more dangerous. A drunk or idiot could choose to try to walk across it, the cover tears or slips into the pool with them, and they drown, etc.
On Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:05:39 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

Earth to trader: humor challenged much?