Need to insulate large, deep casement windows

I am looking for low cost (as low as possible) acrylic sheets or Lexan to cut into size to put over the inside of my large 76" X 68" deep casement windows for less heat loss. Any steers on where to find this stuff or something else that would work? Must be as transparent as acrylic (.080").

Reply to
Bill

low cost lexan? good luck

shrink film like this might be an inexpensive alternative for your application, at about $10 to $15

effi

We have some plexiglass sheets used that way. The windows are about 72 inches tall by 32 inches wide. The sheets have a tendency to bow. I think your installation will require structural support. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Whip up some sort of simple frame, and use the hair dryer shrink to fit window film over the resulting window.

Reply to
John Hines