Need to drill hole on granite couter top

Hi, To install water filter tap. Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated. TIAQ,
Tony Hwang wrote:

Carbide hole saw, a small drill press and a squirt bottle of water (like a ketchup squeeze bottle) would be the simple way.

Easy done, Check Harbor Freight for low cost carbide and diamond hole saws. A cordless drill on low speed has about the right RPM for the job.
Joe
Tony Hwang wrote:

diamond hole saw. cool it with water while drilling.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

That works, but it's the expensive route, either renting or buying. The carbide hole saws should do the job as a one-time deal at less cost.
Pete C. wrote:

Possibly, I wouldn't know. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who if I had to do that job, would walk over to the other side of the office, talk to one of the sprinkler guys, and ask them if I could borrow one of the small hole saws they use for core drilling :)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Yes, renting a Hilti core drill rig will certainly get the job done. For a single dispenser hole in a countertop, I lean towards cheap and treating a cheap carbide hole saw as a disposable item.

This is one of those jobs that I would not fool around with. I'd call a granite supplier and get some quotes on having it done.