Need to drill hole on granite couter top

Hi, To install water filter tap. Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated. TIAQ,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Carbide hole saw, a small drill press and a squirt bottle of water (like a ketchup squeeze bottle) would be the simple way.

Reply to
Pete C.

diamond hole saw. cool it with water while drilling.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That works, but it's the expensive route, either renting or buying. The carbide hole saws should do the job as a one-time deal at less cost.

Reply to
Pete C.

Possibly, I wouldn't know. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who if I had to do that job, would walk over to the other side of the office, talk to one of the sprinkler guys, and ask them if I could borrow one of the small hole saws they use for core drilling :)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yes, renting a Hilti core drill rig will certainly get the job done. For a single dispenser hole in a countertop, I lean towards cheap and treating a cheap carbide hole saw as a disposable item.

Reply to
Pete C.

This is one of those jobs that I would not fool around with. I'd call a granite supplier and get some quotes on having it done.

Reply to
trader4

Easy done, Check Harbor Freight for low cost carbide and diamond hole saws. A cordless drill on low speed has about the right RPM for the job.

Joe

Reply to
Joe