Need some advices for decorative color for house exterior..

Hi, all:
My friend who has a small family house in San Francisco would like to seek for some help for doing some decorative paint on the exterior of the house. For the front side of the house please see this picture:
http://www.picturetrail.com/ttlee /
As show on the picture, the upper part of the cicular and the two triangle thingy might be able to "improve" its appearance by adding more colors, a crown molding, or something "classic." This house was built in 1935 and the interior is quite classic. Any suggestion or advices in terms of where/how to get some more help for improving the "look" of the house, any computer software (color simulation, preferrably free trial version) or crown molding simulation software that we could try?? Many thanks!
First thing I would suggest is eliminate the overgrown shrubbery and replace with low growing flowering plants and shrubs. The Bob Villa web site has a online color scheme program you can manipulate. HGTV did a show on a house very similar to the one in your slides. Suggest door and key corner blocks be of same color.