need recomendation home security system items

Hi, I'm going to put together a home security system. I want 2 wireless cameras outside, one in front of my house and one out back, i want these to feed into a VCR that has alarm inputs (for event recording) and then would like to see a split picture on my TV. The cameras need to have motion detection that is relayed to the receiver.

So far i am having a difficult time finding stores (on the web) that have good selections of stuff like this that i can browse so i can compare features and prices. Does anyone know of any web stores like this? I've only found one decent one so far *123cctv.com) and I'd really like to compare and learn more before i buy. Another nice thing to find would be some review sites that review this sort of stuff. oh yeh, i really dont want any PC realated stuff. Thanks Eric

Reply to
Eric

I have their motion operated camera with IR leds , voice recording, speaking capabilitie, and their event recorder. Split screen - no. It also can sound a triggered alert.

Reply to
m Ransley

yeh, but they dont have wireless - its all wired stuff.

Reply to
Eric

Wiireless , less quality photo, interference, and do you realy want to replace batteries or have them fail.

Reply to
m Ransley

The alternative is a lot of wiring to and fro. Also, the cameras (the ones i have found anyway) use wired power and in the places i want to put them thats not a problem, there's an outlet nearby or easily reachable with concealed wiring. And, actually the resolution is quite good. Of course its not like your standard camcorder, but I'm not shooting home movies with this either, its mostly "can i (or the police) identify what is going on here and who I'm looking at" in the security tapes if there is a problem. From what i have seen in most of the sample video i have seen (in some cases live setup's in person) the answer is yes - quite easily. Eric

Reply to
Eric

If you record these images don't use one of the "time lapse" recorders that saves tape by only recording a single frame. Make sure that the minimum recorded interval includes 4 or more successive frames.

I have done image enhancement as a favor for folks like Radio Shack, local police and the FBI that came from cameras in stores or banks after an incident. So of these took only single frames and the image quality was poor also. There isn't much you can do with a single frame to enhance the image. Give me 4 frames and I can make a difference.

RB

Eric wrote:

Reply to
RB

The tape recorder sold by Spycorder is adjustable from 30 sec to 10 min, alot of stuff is trigger related and true it can be worthless as the trigger must first turn on the machine , than go to record mode, where you loose maybe 10- 30 seconds. If someone is casing your place and stops moving trigger mode can stop recording, just what you dont want.

Reply to
m Ransley

No, trigger mode has a stop time to it, ie after x (usually that time is settable) seconds of no motion it stops. Most recorders i have seen are recording in just a few seconds, i have never seen one require 30 seconds to get recording.

Reply to
Eric

I'm planning on using real time event recording so it will be 30 fps triggered by motion. Eric

Reply to
Eric

Triger time- you are right its usualy one minute but non adjustable for many units as its a preprogramed feature without an event recorder. As in Zenith and similar systems. The startup time may not be 30 sec but it sure isnt instant as the system detects the motion, turns on the vcr, then starts recording . maybe 7- 15 sec. I have both systems , one trigering a vcr and one a Spycorder event recorder, same type of cameras. The event recorder is much better as the preset one minute, actualy being more like 50 sec isnt enough. I set the event recorder to

4 minute, As people usualy walk around looking.
Reply to
m Ransley