Need more help with shower door then Hom Depo provided, I HOPE!

My shower doors each roll on 2 wheels from which they hang. The wheels no longer roll, they are just worn out. They do slide and I can live with it if I have to, but I'd rather not.
Home Depot told me I couldn't buy just the rollers, I had to replace the entire door. Now this might be the case; it seems very stupid so perhaps it is true. However, it will be a cold day in hell before I spend several hundred dollars to replace something because a buck fifty piece is broken. I will either live with the problem, or nip the wheels off of something that looks like it might work.
If anyone can help me with this, I'd be most grateful.
One other thing..............
I'm looking for a piece for an outdoor shower by my pool. I have a shower head connected to a hosepipe and when you turn it on you can rinse off before getting into the pool and/or after swimming. I and to put something in-line where you can pull on a rope and make the water run and when you let go it turns off. This way there are no worrys about anyone leaving it running. The problem is I don't know the name of this "THING", so I can't even ask for it. And when I go to the store and try to tell them what I want I always get
Without seeing the door, we probably can't tell you for sure whether the wheels can be replaced, but I would be surprised if they can't. If you can get the door off and remove the wheels (and any bracket/ assembly they may be attached to), you might have luck taking them in and matching them up yourself. Ask them what isle the parts for sliding glass doors are on (don't say anything about a shower) and see what you find. The HD near me has quite a selection, but I wouldn't expect most of the employees to know any more than I can see from looking at the package.
B_ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: (snip)

Pull Chain Valve
B_ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

have you looked here...
http://www.poolshower.com/index.shtml

Pull the doors and remove the wheels. Don't bother going to Home Depot, go to a glass shop and ask them about getting the parts.
This company, [ http://www.slide-co.com/ ] will probably have the wheels that the glass company can get, or will have on the shelf.
--
Roger Shoaf
On Aug 17, 11:58pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Sounds like what happened to my closet. I wouldn't have had to replace the whole door, just the track and rollers. I had some nylon rod with a hole through the center. I mounted it on a metal rod and chucked it into my electric drill. Using the drill like a lathe I was able to carve out new rollers.
Jimmie