Need Large Lighted Thermostat Dial

I'm not sure if this is the right ng to ask this question.. I apologize in advance if it's not. My mother is visually impaired and has trouble seeing her thermostat dial to set the temperature for heat. I have been trying to find a lighted thermostat dial with large easy-to-read numbers so she can see where the temperature is set when she needs to adjust it. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I might buy one....or an idea on how to make one?
Thanks for any advice, Dare Gaither snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Honeywell makes something like this. Heating guys can get one for you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

Thanks...I'll give 'em a call. Dare

This is Turtle.
Awwwww , Your talking about the large faced Honeywell [ T-87F easy to See ] accessory Kit standard round thermostat. the numbers are about 1" high and on the outside of thermostat and has a 1/4" red arrow pointer to see where to put it. They also have brail stuff on them if you want it put on it. there is the thermostat at Honeywell website or < http://content.honeywell.com/yourhome/ptc-thermostats/T87.htm#Easy > to see it and the kit that goes with it. They also have on that page a square type if you like to see the large number too. I think now days the thermostat and kit is sold together now but 5 + years ago you had to buythe kit seperate from the thermostat. there is a toll free number to call to get a free instruction guide on these thermostats at 1-800-468-1502. You know the info paper work.
If you need to know about these more just e-mail me here and i will tell you more about them and White Rogers has a form of this but will have to check on them on the model they have.
TURTLE

Thank You! The Honeywell site is great....very informative. That T-87F "Easy to See" sounds like it might be her best bet. She wants it simple and easy...she was particularly pleased with the audible and tactile feedback features, so that she doesn't necessarily have to try to actually see the dial.
Thank you so very much...we both greatly appreciate your help, Dare
Thems the grits, chief.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

See ]

see
type
and
info
you
Thinking about Lux Ive had 2 installed at 2 locations , one last year on a water heat radiators , last year it maintained a 3 degree spread, this year 4 degree. My second one 2 yrs old goes blank when I access hrs run, till I jiggle the switch. Im a little pissed at Lux, Didnt HD or menards drop them.
Dare wrote:

What about a digital display? The display is much larger than the mechanical dials. Many choices at your local home improvement store.
"C G" wrote:

That's a great idea...probably a more accurate reading, too. Thanks, Dare
HD has a digital lighted with numbers about 1 inch tall. You can read it across the room
"mark Ransley" wrote:

Thanks..that sounds just about perfect. I very much appreciate all the responses! Dare

Keep in mind that the one that HD sells, is what we in the trade call a sure fire money maker. If you want a lighted digital display, Robershaw makes several, that are not sold in retail stores, that have a backlight and digital display. So does Totalline. So does Honeywell. That large display stat that HD has is like a hunter or Lux..made in China and a sure fire way to wonder why after a couple of months things are acting screwy.
The main thing is, you have to have the right sub-base, or stat for the application, and, the large display stat that is being talked about, is not available for a heat pump, so if thats what she has, HD isnt the place to look.

Thanks...reliability is also a very important to us. She has a gas furnace, no A/C. After looking at some of the digital thermostats, I'm not sure if she could see the display well enough. I've looked around on the web to get some comparisons on features and applications to help her decide which might work best for her...It's become clear that this is not going to be a "do-it-yourself" job for me. I certainly don't want to ruin the heating system in the middle of a cold snap! :-)
Thanks for your advice and suggestions, Dare
The previous owner of a townhouse my parents moved into installed a Lux programmable. It has been there for years without any problems. In use with AC and gas furnace.

can read

call a sure

are not

China