Need help with my Honey-do list - TIA

I have these items to take care of:
The light on my Genie garage door opener does not go on, when garage door opened/closed. Bulb is okay.
A/c unit outside does not work when a/c turned on. Heating unit in attic works fine when heat is on.
Where/what can I start checking before calling in the experts?
TIA
Registered User wrote:

Take it apart and see what's wrong.

Make sure the outside unit is getting power and the low voltage side is functioning.

If the above doesn't make sense, it's time for some phone calls!

Is there voltage present at the bulb socket? If you don't mind spending about $75, you can get one of those RF outdoor lights. I just replaced an old unit with one made by Heath-Zenith. You can buy a remote so she can turn it on/off from her car and keep it in her purse.
Is it a plastic socket on the door opener. Pull the power and bend up the bottom contact . Door openers have chinese sockets
Cars with built in 3 button and portable door opener remotes with 3 buttons can control X10 protical, Lights by Radio shack, Heath, X 10, Leutron etc can be turned off -on by remote. Many cars have 3 button standard.
Registered User wrote:

Bad light relay or relay electronics.

Most likely: No AC power to condenser, no 24vac power to contactor (check thermostat), bad contactor, open low pressure switch.