Need help with my Honey-do list - TIA

I have these items to take care of:

The light on my Genie garage door opener does not go on, when garage door opened/closed. Bulb is okay.

A/c unit outside does not work when a/c turned on. Heating unit in attic works fine when heat is on.

Where/what can I start checking before calling in the experts?

TIA

Reply to
Registered User

Take it apart and see what's wrong.

Make sure the outside unit is getting power and the low voltage side is functioning.

If the above doesn't make sense, it's time for some phone calls!

Reply to
John Harlow

Is there voltage present at the bulb socket? If you don't mind spending about $75, you can get one of those RF outdoor lights. I just replaced an old unit with one made by Heath-Zenith. You can buy a remote so she can turn it on/off from her car and keep it in her purse.

Reply to
Clark Griswold

Bad light relay or relay electronics.

Most likely: No AC power to condenser, no 24vac power to contactor (check thermostat), bad contactor, open low pressure switch.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Is it a plastic socket on the door opener. Pull the power and bend up the bottom contact . Door openers have chinese sockets

Reply to
m Ransley

Cars with built in 3 button and portable door opener remotes with 3 buttons can control X10 protical, Lights by Radio shack, Heath, X 10, Leutron etc can be turned off -on by remote. Many cars have 3 button standard.

Reply to
m Ransley