Need Help With Laminate Floor Acclimation

I'm laying the laminate floor in my new house. I know that it is supposed to acclimate to the house climate 48 hours before installation, but the AC system has not been installed yet so I have no control over the temperature. Obviously, the temperature and humidity won't be the same as when the AC is runnng. Right now, it is averaging in the 50's here in Florida, and might get up to 70 over the weekend, when I plan to lay the floor. Am I going to run into problems by installing the floor before the climate can be controlled? My window of time to get this stuff laid is short, and unfortunately the AC contractor will be one of the last subs on the job site. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
aaron15396

Acclimated does not mean a/c or heat. It means that it is the same temp as the area to be installed. Where is the flooring being stored now? Match that your probably good to go.

I saw a stage being installed in Los Vegas in the sun. Cause the walls were not finished, ya open to the out side world. The lumber had sat in the sun for a week and away they went.

Personally I would absolutely NOT install the finish floor before the tradesmen were done. Accidents happen every day. Ladders gouge, and stuff drops. Worse the gravel on ones shoes tears hell out of wood flooring. Your house your rules.

Reply to
SQLit

I would say yes! You will have problems, I know from experience.

I watched a builder install un-acclimated flooring, soon as winter came and the heat came on..? there was places in the floor where you could literally lay a pencil in the crack. CLOSETS TOO :O

Reply to
chickenwing