Need help - no signal from TV antenna in the attic

Hi, I just moved in to the new house. There is a 4-way coax splitter in the attic, which has one input and four outputs (to different rooms). I know that previous owners had a cable (from the cable company). It looks like the cable was going into the same splitter in the attic, and then routed to rooms downstairs. I want to use the TV antenna in the attic. I tried connecting the TV antenna to splitter's input absolutely no signal is getting to TVs downstairs. I also connected the antenna to each of splitters outputs (which go to TVs) exactly the same outcome - not even a change in a static when I plug in the antenna. I bought a TV signal inline amplifier from RadioShack absolutely no difference. However, if I drop a 100' coax cable directly from the antenna in the attic to the TV downstairs (bypassing the splitter and all of the home cable wiring), the picture is crisp and perfect. Can I run some tests to ensure cable continuation (from the attic to rooms downstairs). Does anybody know how I can get the signal from the antenna in the attic to TVs downstairs? Thank you.
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:49:39 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

I have a similar setup. Then I discovered there were two coax wires outside. After connecting these, my high-def power attic antenna works great. A continuity tester might help.
'Ron[_3_ Wrote: > ;1464039']On Dec 4, 1:37 pm, "Pete C." snipped-for-privacy@snet.net wrote:- > "Lionel C. Abrahams" wrote: > - > snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:- > Hi, > I just moved in to the new house. There is a 4-way coax splitter in > the attic, which has one input and four outputs (to different > rooms). > I know that previous owners had a cable (from the cable company). It > looks like the cable was going into the same splitter in the attic, > and then routed to rooms downstairs. > I want to use the TV antenna in the attic. > I tried connecting the TV antenna to splitter's input &#8211; > absolutely no > signal is getting to TVs downstairs. I also connected the antenna to > each of splitter&#8217;s outputs (which go to TVs) &#8211; exactly > the same > outcome - not even a change in a static when I plug in the antenna. > I bought a TV signal inline amplifier from RadioShack &#8211; > absolutely no > difference. > However, if I drop a 100' coax cable directly from the antenna in > the > attic to the TV downstairs (bypassing the splitter and all of the > home > cable wiring), the picture is crisp and perfect. > Can I run some tests to ensure cable continuation (from the attic to > rooms downstairs). > Does anybody know how I can get the signal from the antenna in the > attic to TVs downstairs? > Thank you.-- > - > My brother had a similar problem. It turned out that at 1TV, the > connector was shorted and was the cause. I suggest that you > unplugged > all the cables (except the Antenna in the input connector) and > connect > only 1 cable at a time to see if you get reception. A portable TV at > the > splitter would be great to verify that each output works.- > - > I assume that your splitter does not need to be plugged in.- > - > good luck- > > A four way splitter has a loss of 7db per port, so the signal from the > antenna is lost trying to go through the splitter. You need to install > an amplifier between the antenna and splitter to boost the signal > level > up enough to make it through the splitter. The splitter worked for the > cable TV feed because it provides a much stronger signal than an > antenna.- > > " I bought a TV signal inline amplifier from RadioShack"
why is in the attic there such no connect if in the attic your tv antena!just do your antena make it turn and point where is your sub station of your tv station,
_________________ 'Aprilaire Humidifier' (http://www.aprilairehumidifierparts.com /)
--
jams002