Need help for Maytag Washer and Dryer (Model #MAV5920EWW, # MDE4806AZW)

I bought a brand new Maytag washer and dryer pair from Dufresne last month. I have questions and couldn't find an honest answer. Anyone knows the facts; please kindly share them with me.
Washer (MAV5920EWW):
When the cold water comes into the washer, it makes a very high pitched loud squealing noise. The first contractor repairman sent by Maytag determined that the water valve was defective and needed replacement. One week later another contractor repairman called to inform me that the noise is normal because Maytag installed a filter for the water valve. He said the noise will be gone once the filter is removed. He came to do the removal of the filter, and could not find the filter. He then told me that it is not recommend by Maytag to remove the filter because the filter is for removing the particles in the water to protect the machine. His explanation doesn't make sense to me. Why the filter is ONLY installed on the cold water valve and not on both the hot and cold water valves?
Dryer (MDE4806AZW):
After just ONE use of the dryer, the heat vent panel inside the dryer had turned black. After a few more uses, the panel has burned to very black. Again I was told by the repairmen that this is normal.
I spoke to the Maytag Customer Service Center, and was told that those are problems and should NOT happen.
The contractors sent by Maytag were NOT knowledgeable and NOT familiar with my machines. Now I am getting the run around.
Please help if you have the same machines or information. I am very confused.
Call back to factory support. You seem to have some local incompetents.
I've had VERY good warranty service from Maytag, and I'm sure factory support can straighten things out.
On 14 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

It is, in fact, the hot water line that has more crap that comes from the water heater.

I had other problems with a maytag washer that I posted about on alt.home.repair: the actuator that turns the washer on (door safety relay) wears out too quickly, I had to extend it by drilling a hole in it with a drill press, adding a screw to it, blah blah.
They purposely decided to install a crappy part and save perhaps 10-30 cents on me so that I pay more in repair costs after warranty.
NEVER AGAIN!!!
You should have bought the machine under an assumed name.
Ignoramus19198 wrote:

I just had another remembrance that's not so keen. Non Maytag stores carry reduced-grade models
Figured that out while shopping price, then realized... this isn't the same model :-(
On 14 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
They are also basically the same crappy models. THe last digit various so you cannot price match. Check Maytag's site for any model at any store. You will find it less the last character of the model number. Features are basically the same. One may have an optional basket and the other won't. That is it. QUality is uniformly poor.
message wrote:

My set is four years old now. Has Maytag quality dropped recently?
My "model" comparisons were by _name_, such as Neptune. The Great Outdoors' Neptune was clearly inferior to the model of the same name in the Maytag factory store.
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:32:18 GMT, "Art"

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
message wrote:

Thank you for all the quick comments but who has the same machines, and know what the problem is?
Art wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Don't have the same machine, but can hazard a guess.
First, you local repair folks are jerks. Go around them, or above their heads, whatever.
On the washer, there is probably a constriction in the flow in the water path. Could be the filter is gummed up or blocked. I had a screen in my hoses at one place that I had to clean out every couple of months as it was blocked with sand. It was in the pipes... In your case, it could be the valve, or anything else.
On the dryer, if you are getting discoloration of the panel, then it is too hot. You probably have a bad thermostat, or it has been blocked by debris/lint or something. GET THIS REPAIRED! IT IS A FIRE HAZARD! If the local guys won't repair it, let them know that you lawyer will gladly send them the bill after your house burns down. If this doesn't scare them, then you bought from the wrong people.
Charlie

The "squeal on fill" is government required safety feature to let you know the machine is working-- sort of like the backup alarm on a dump truck. This way, if your kid is missing, you can look in the tub to make sure he's not drowning.
The panel turning black is a new "two-tone" feature dreamed up my a marketing suit and introduced free this year. Next year, it will be an extra cost option...
Patrick
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800, cslee168 wrote:

By this time you should have already taken them back and demanded your money back.
Whether it's really the washer making the noise or the pluming, if they can't make the machine suitable for the purpose it's sold, you should get your money back, or have it replaced by one that is suitable, at no (additional) cost to you.
Good Luck! Rich
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800, cslee168 wrote: [a rant]
Hell, haven't you ever noticed in their commercials, that all the repairman does is sit on his ass?
;-P Rich