Need Digital Line Voltage Thermostat for 120V, 1350W.

A couple of the Honeywells are rated at 10 and 10.4 A for 120v, but I don't think this is quite enough. Any thermostat that you feel would be safe? Cadet used to make a 120v only model with a high amp rating, but these are discontinued. Help much appreciated. Frank P.S. Must have digital, but don't need programmable.

Reply to
frank1492

Google is your friend...

I don't know which ones you were looking at but the one at the URL above is rated 15amps at 120v...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

No it's not! Google is a company out to get rich off of it's users, using identity theft to determine how much and what kind of ads to force on it's users.

Google is determined to destroy usenet too.

Google sucks, and is not my friend.

Reply to
tangerine3

drive a contactor or high current relay to provide final power.

a contactor is a high current relay with double make double break contacts for super long reliable life

Reply to
bob haller

A HVAC pro can use a 24 VAC power supply, and a contactor to do the job. Contactors (relays) can be rated for plenty enough amps for your job.

And, with 24 VAC power supply, you have a much wider range of thermostats to choose.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

After an hour of Googling I failed to come up with anything. I don't see anything about 120V on the specs of this thermostat, don't know where you read 15a at 120v, but I do see that the maximum amps is 15 and it's clearly a relay-type device. But since it has no battery what runs the display and doesn't that assume 208/240v (which are the only voltages I see in the spec?)

Reply to
frank1492

The power supply required *is* 208/240.

Reply to
frank1492

Bob Haller has the proper answer. WW

Reply to
WW

After reading your replies here let's try a *NOVEL* approach since you have told us what won't work,

why not telling us what all you are needing to control with a single pole 120v line voltage thermostat then ?

A fan ? A weird heater of some kind ? Maybe if you shed some light on that mystery you would find better answers as people can help you with your application...

~~ Evan

P.S. Since you seem to have very particular requirements, perhaps you are experiencing a device to application mismatch -- suggest replacing the device you want to use controlled with the line voltage thermostat which only needs 120v power with one which is fed by 240v...

Reply to
Evan

Thanks. I missed that one, but what does "minimum" 2000 watts imply (for 120v)? I simply want to control a purely resistive 1350 watt 120v baseboard.

Reply to
frank1492

Thanks very much to all for your ideas. It's a toss between the relay idea and the Emerson stat, which I apparently missed when Googling..

Reply to
frank1492

Well, that's a good one that I read right over, ain;t it. It's almost certainly a mistake and they mean 2000W max. It spec'd at

4000W max at 240V, which would be a current of 16 amps. That same current at 120V would produce 2000W, ie half the power.

It should work fine for that.

Reply to
trader4