Need a welding rod chart

Does anyone know where there is a website that lists the welding rod numbers and their uses? I tried to google this but all I got was all the useless crap that google seems to find lately, such as blogs and ebay ads. I'd like something that I can print and hang on the garage wall. Of course I can enter text into Word and make my own chart if needed. A scan photo of a chart would also work.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Mark and Kim Smith

I only do mild steel (no stainless, no aluminum). I only have 5 varieties of stick electrode, all in 1/8":

6013, 7014 - contact rod, low penetration, suitable for thinner metal 7018 - low hydrogen 6010, 6011 - high penetration, suitable for farm use and metal that cannot be completely cleaned

Starting out, I would get 10# of 6011 and 10# of 6013. At $2-$4 per pound these days, that's quite a bit of money to tie up in electrode inventory. As it is, I still have most of the 50# cans purchased at $1 per pound. The 6011 is most frequently used.

Reply to
IBM5081