Need a few individual wooden fence planks

Hi, I have a wooden stockade fence on my property. A few individual planks were damaged by a falling tree. I would like to fix the fence, but home depot only sells the fence in large sections. I don't have the tools to fabricate my own. Are there any internet sites that would sell individual fence planks? Thanks.
you might split a section with a neighbor with a similar problem if he has a similar fence. sometimes from a hidden area in your yard you will borrow the weathered matching pieces and put new clean ones up in the unnoticed hidden spot.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

buffalobill wrote:

I agree. Went through this some years ago, and was disappointed to find they don't sell individual pickets. Replace your worst panel, scavenge the pickets for future repairs.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It would be quite unusual to buy a few boards on the internet and you should forget about it. You should be able to buy planks locally. If HD won't help you then shop around. Just determine what type of wood you have and the size. For example: treated pine, 5/8 inch thick, 6 inches wide, 6 feet long. You just ask for a treated 1x6 in this case.
No board will match exactly the weathered look that your fence now has. So, just worry about the basic dimensions. You may have to find someone with some woodworking skills to cut the new board to length but it is quite a simple job. Any lumber yard, including HD will be able to cut your boards to lenght for a small fee.
If you don't have any skills and can't find someone who does then you will have to buy an entire section. Even then, you have to have some skills to install that.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are you sure? Home Depot here (DE) sells individual section pieces. Few years ago, I bought half dozen planks there and last year bought a single post.
Frank

Come to think of it, I do recall them telling me they occasionally have a damaged section to sell- he could call around, might save a few bucks.
Frank wrote:

Same here. I have bought individual PT fence boards from HD. Some people like to build their own fences so there is a market for them.
Bob S.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

All you need is a board of the same material and a cheap hand saw to make a dog-ear picket -- less than $10 and something every homeowner ought to have anyway. If HD doesn't have what you need, go to a real lumber yard.
Try another lumber yard. you should be able to buy the pickets individually.
--
Steve Barker