NEC question Panel Clearances

I'm installing a sub-panel in a rec room. I know the NEC states clearance in front of the panel needs to be 30" wide and 36" deep.

From where is that 30" wide measured? Is it on-center with the panel,

or can it be from one edge of the panel? My optimal location puts the panel in a corner, which means one edge of the panel is up against a perpendicular wall. As long as I have 30" clearance in front of the panel measured from that perpendicular wall, is it OK?

It is new & permitted construction, so the AHJ will need to inspect.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Why not just call the inspector and ask?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen