NEC download?

Anyone know if the NEC handbook is downloadable in pdf format somewhere? Thanks Eric
Eric wrote:

Almost all codes are copyright and not available for free download.

Not gonna happen for free. About as good as it gets is that you can view the regular NEC online at: http://tinyurl.com/35nud6
Jan 2007 20:05:56 -0800, Eric wrote:

You cannot download it for free.
You can read it online, for free, at: http://www.nfpa.org/freecodes/free_access_agreement.asp?idp05SB
You must have Java and pop-ups enabled in your browser.
If you wish a downloadable .pdf, you must purchase that from the NFPA.
--
Seth Goodman

Hello Eric,
Rather than tell you about copyrights, maybe I want to ask why? Anyone that regularly uses the NEC will have their own copy, and not ask for free downloads. Are you doing a project?
tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com

You should be able to borrow a copy from the local library. -Felder

Or you could download it from:
http://avaxsearch.com/search.php?keys=National+Electrical+Code
for free. It's the first item on the list.
A word to the wise: Be careful downloading from Avaxhome or any of the other pirate services (like Rapidshare). Although I've personally never been caught the potential for viruses and spyware is elevated.