Natural Gas to Propane

I just bought a NG BBQ without knowing for a discount. Unfortunately, since it is on clearance, i am stuck with it. Does anyone know what I can do to this NG BBQ Grill such that I can attach a propane tank to it. I don't have NG gas line to my deck, and adding one is not an option.

Reply to
mikey

In most cases, the orifices is the only change, Maybe the regulator. Check with the manufacturer and they may have a kit available.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you're anywhere near Indianapolis, I might be interested in buying it from you...

Reply to
Doug Miller

I looked into this last year a bit. Only one brand, might be Charmglow?, offered units that were convertible and were being labeled as dual fuel. I couldn't find any other manufacturer's like Weber, that had the ability to switch. It may be a liability thing, as they may not want customers fooling around and screwing it up.

Reply to
trader4

i bought a weber 8 or 9 years ago. it was propane and i wanted ng. they gave me two orifices to change. i don't remember which one uses the larger opening. ask the place you bought it from or the manufacterer which orifice you need.

Reply to
jd karnes

Take it to your local propane dealer that also sells/services appliances. They will have the correct orfice and line fittings/regulator to make the conversion, IF it's possible.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J