Natural Gas From House To Shed: Aboveground?

Page 2 of 2

Which was his "second" choice.

Who't talking about drinking gas??? (Potable gas tank)

CO poisoning in the house with the genset running on natural gas even 20 feet from the house is a REAL long shot!!!
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Hi, Closer home, Noise issue is more than CO poisoning.
Per snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca:

That's what we're going for: the longest possible shot.... -)
--
Pete Cresswell

Cars, trucks and busses are passing closer than that to MANY homes, every day, day in and day out.
On 06/01/2014 11:21 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I have a natural gas Kohler generator about 5' from the house and its never set off the CO detectors.

Lots of propane operated fork lifts and zambonies run indoors all the tome too. Not saying to run the generator inside, mind you - but well ventilated 10 feet from the house is NOT a risk!!!
On Monday, June 2, 2014 8:11:48 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

A more direct comparison, there are God knows how many automatic startup nat gas generators installed right next to homes all over the country. Complete with permits, new gas lines run from the meter, etc. They don't have anything special with regard to exhaust, it just comes out the side of the cabinet. And how many people running gasoline generators right outside the house during power outages? Never heard one of them where there was a problem with CO, unless they ran it in the garage, or maybe did something else like left it right outside an open garage door, with the wind blowing it back inside. If you have a nat gas generator outside a normal house, windows closed, I can't imaging how you'd have a CO hazard.
And I know how to SNIP

Around here the meters are installed next to the driveway. Most times without any kind of bollards. People like to crash into them on occasion.
One poster stated they had plastic pipe run above ground. IDK about that. I doubt it is gas.
--
Tekkie

And I know how to SNIP

This is about right for Tony, he's another poster of dubious knowledge.
Well, if you're in the midst of a power outage who knows what one will drink? Are the saloons open?
--
Tekkie