Natural Gas From House To Shed: Aboveground?

Lots of propane operated fork lifts and zambonies run indoors all the tome too. Not saying to run the generator inside, mind you - but well ventilated 10 feet from the house is NOT a risk!!!

Reply to
clare

A more direct comparison, there are God knows how many automatic startup nat gas generators installed right next to homes all over the country. Complete with permits, new gas lines run from the meter, etc. They don't have anything special with regard to exhaust, it just comes out the side of the cabinet. And how many people running gasoline generators right outside the house during power outages? Never heard one of them where there was a problem with CO, unless they ran it in the garage, or maybe did something else like left it right outside an open garage door, with the wind blowing it back inside. If you have a nat gas generator outside a normal house, windows closed, I can't imaging how you'd have a CO hazard.

Reply to
trader_4

Looks like it;s $580 for 50 ft of 1"

That plus other reasons would have me looking at some kind of small utility storage box/shed large enough to hold the generator near the house/gas lines, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

Potable gas is what you get in Oh Hah. I think NG is a good option, I've never had the NG interrupted. And I'm in the cold part of the country, in NYS.

Not sure about above ground piping.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"potable" is a funny word. How do you pote something?

Reply to
hah

Hi, Closer home, Noise issue is more than CO poisoning.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You want to do something more dangerous to avoid something with almost no danger. They install practically all those emergency generators right next to the house.

Reply to
jamesgang

That's an impotant question. I'll have to put on my suit and tie so I can look impotant.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And I know how to SNIP

Around here the meters are installed next to the driveway. Most times without any kind of bollards. People like to crash into them on occasion.

One poster stated they had plastic pipe run above ground. IDK about that. I doubt it is gas.

Reply to
Tekkie®

And I know how to SNIP

This is about right for Tony, he's another poster of dubious knowledge.

Well, if you're in the midst of a power outage who knows what one will drink? Are the saloons open?

Reply to
Tekkie®