My new snow blower - video

Page 1 of 2
Some of you may remember that I asked for advice on which snowblower to purchase.
I made my decision, purchased a unit and put a video of it on youtube.
I think you'll agree that I made a wise decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-Sr3JwQjs&NR=1

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:49:25 -0800, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Humor aside, I'm not sure about the forward visibility of that - plus I'm surprised there's even the need for the blowers; we get some pretty harsh winters up here in northern MN, and a bobcat on its own copes just fine.

I lived in the high country of Colorado for 13 years. Normal snowfall through the winter season was 300 inches. I bought a snow plow for my 1967 Bronco Cost me $750.00 installed. Worked very good. When I moved back to civilization sold the plow for $500.00 So that was a good investment. WW
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:49:51 -0700, WW wrote:

My snow removal. Except for the sidewalks :)
http://bayimg.com/caaPgaAdG
On 11/8/2010 5:09 PM, A. Baum wrote:

Golly Wiggly! I'm glad I live in Alabamastan where we don't need those infernal contraptions. 8-)
TDD
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:48:30 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I have a snow shovel hanging in my garage. It's useful for sweeping up sawdust. I was going to hang it over the mantle as a reminder of Vermont Winters, but SWMBO vetoed the idea.
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:48:30 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Paid itself in the first winter '2008' I bought it. In good snow months I can make $400/week minus fuel (about $100). That's an extra $5k in my pocket a year. The Cummins diesel plus Allison tranny rox! 500+ foot-lbs torque @ 2500rpm :)
On 11/8/2010 6:33 PM, A. Baum wrote:

I noticed the nice truck. We have the rare paralyzing snow storm down here every now and then and all the transplanted Yankees laugh their butts off at the tiny amount of snow it takes to bring Birmingham to its knees. It's a weird place where there may be snow one day and 80° temps the next day. The old saying around these here parts is, "If ya don't like the weather, stick around, it'll change." 8-)
TDD
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:32:16 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Yes, I do! ;-) Last Winter they cancelled work on the forecast of snow. It didn't snow overnight so I didn't bother to check the web site before going in. There were only two of us there. I bugged out at 10:00. It did snow some about 4:00; all gone the next day.
On 11/8/2010 8:02 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Was it you who wrote that you had moved to Alabamastan? 8-)
TDD
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:06:47 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I did, Auburn area. One of us is confused. ;-)
On 11/8/2010 10:32 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Have you been by The Swine Research Unit? I drove by there years ago and the foul air choked me and almost stalled out my car. 8-)
TDD
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 23:43:01 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Isn't it potentially dangerous to allow pigs to be scientists? They could eventually achieve world domination, and we'd all have to bow down before our porcine overlords...
On 11/10/2010 7:47 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:

The put cop uniforms on them, like back in the Hippie days. 8-)
TDD
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 23:43:01 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Evidently not. I haven't smelled anything particularly bad since I moved here. Though I did move here from Vermont. The cows and politicians smell so bad there that a square mile pigsty would smell sweet.

But where do you store it?
Colbyt
On 11/8/2010 1:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkbmPldAtVw&NR=1

catch it around 5 minute mark.
But seriously, it is so cold here that most people have stopped wearing shorts!
Jeff

When I was stationed in Alaska in the Coast Guard we had 2 machines similar to that for clearing the roads and runways.
Each machine had a 12 cylinder diesel to run the truck and another 12 cylinder diesel to run the thrower.
One husky survived being thrown by the machine (broken hip), another did not fair so well and had to be put down.
On 11/9/2010 7:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

That's a bad bad boy. Was it ever too much for it to handle? From the Video it looked like about 3' that it took down to the pavement. Incredible.
Jeff

Man, I wish I had one of those last year here in North West Alabama. I woke up one morning and there was 1/8" of snow on the driveway!! I had to wait until 11:00AM for it all to melt so I could get down the driveway hill.