My Electricity has a Foul Odor

The electricity I am getting has a foul odor. I called the power company and told them I am not satisfied and want a better quality power. They told me that they can not change the odor and I will have to live with this. I was quite angered and told them so before I slammed down the phone. Today I phoned another power company and asked them if their power stinks. They said no, so I asked them if they would become my power company and told them why I dont want the power from the company I have now. They said they can not do that. I even told the man I was talking to that I would make it worth his while if he sold me their electric and gave him my phone number just in case he changes his mind. He still said no and told me he was married. But he suggested that I put duct tape over all my outlets so I wont smell the foul electricity odor. I just sent my boyfriend to get some duct tape and he is starting to do this tonight. Do you think it will stop the odor? What about the switches, and the things the light bulbs go in, they smell too. Can I tape them up too? I am wondering if the odor will still come out of those bulb holder things when the bulbs are in, because he just taped up one of the bulbs and now I cant see anything in here. Is there another way to fix this problem, such as an electrical odor filter that my plummer can put where the wires come to the house outside? I suppose I will call the Culligan man tomorrow and see if he has anything for me.
Blondie
Add pictures here
✖
I've found that if you get your tongue really wet and LICK the outlets, the smell will go away. Why not try that you bored, stupid f**k?
This is home repair forum, not comedy central, jit-bag...
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Before using the Duct® Tape you must clean the residue off the outlets. Steel wool or a wire brush is more than adequate for this job.
Happy modeming, Bill
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

b:
This occurs with the Electricity 1.0 version. You have to upgrade to Service Pack 2.0 to remove the odor problem. This service pack also makes it possible for the power company to access every switch and device in your house, raid your fridge, and violate your spouse, all by remote control, and will check for a valid license every time you attempt to turn on a light, and will cause your electrical system to become completely inoperative the instant your bill becomes overdue, but hey, you've got security now (at least until the next pack comes out).
Cordially yours: G P
Add pictures here
✖
Clean them first, a brush, bucket of water, alot of soap and add salt. get them real wet it will kill all your smelling issues.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
Is there another way to fix this

Blondes have more fun....
But brunettes remember it the next day....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
061110 2351 - snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com posted:

Maybe it's not the electricity that stinks. Take a bath and use some Summers Eve.
Add pictures here
✖
indago wrote:

Put aluminum foil on all of your walls and wear an aluminum foil hat at all times. The trilateralists are trying to get you.
Add pictures here
✖
The smell was added to electricity to satisfy the bew requirements of the National Elcectric Code (NEC) about 3 or 4 years ago. It is somewhat analogous to the odor put in naturale gas to make a resident aware of a potentially dangerous leak.
Under normal conditions, a properly bonded grounding system will neutralize the odor, so you clearly hafe some sort of fault with your wiring. Some tips: It is likely a leak in your system. Look first at the lowest level of your wires or if it is a long run, any sags in th ewiring. This is the point at which the leak will run and consequently the odor will be greatest. Then, sniffing as you go, move "uphill" until the odor lessens. That is where the leak is. Look for the current leaking out but be careful not to touch any standing pools of electricity on the floor. They can be dangerous!
If you have a lot of concealed wiring, a wiring cleaner should be retained to come to your house and clean out the inside of your wires. They then can inject a chemical sealant that should take care of your problems. If not, consider getting a converter to convert your alternating current to direct current. Direct current travels in a straight line, and if used at high enough voltages, does not need wires, rather, it can travel directly from your service entrance (where the maid and butler come to work) directly to each applince.
Hope that helps. wicked wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Website for the foil beanie. http://zapatopi.net/afdb /