My breakerbox/fusebox sings

Its been doing it off and on for a while, I just noticed it because the sound was so hard to localize. Anyway it makes this singing noise off and on - mostly when I have a load on the system - my computer, the dryer stuff like that. I describe it as a singing noise because its the sound that metal makes when it vibrates rapidly - it doesn't do it for long - maybe 1 to 2 seconds at a time.
What the heck is going on? It's a 100A non-grounded GE circuit breaker box - no main breaker, installed in 1959.
ask your power company to check the potentially dangerous odd things; they will come out for free.
Eigenvector wrote:

buffalobill wrote:

Sounds like a loose connection, or if you have a GFI breaker it might make some noise.

Originally that's what I assumed, a loose connection. After talking to a friend he indicated that it could also possibly be a breaker going/gone bad. Anyway I'm searching for an electrician as I write this.
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:41:40 -0700, "Eigenvector"

Take a piece of garden hose or automotive vacuum hose. Hold it to each breaker with the other end to your ear. Listen carefully. Then shut off the suspected breaker. If sound stops, you found the bad breaker. Replace it.
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:42:14 -0700, "Eigenvector"

Please record this sound and upload to a website. This is just too weird.....