My 1999 Toyota 4Runner digital clock is kaput (any ideas?)

Page 1 of 2

Any ideas how to fix the $250 Toyota 4Runner digital clock?
On 21/09/2010 07:14, Y Knot wrote:

plasma cutter
--
Adrian C

Angle grinder. (Here we go again.)

Air chisel.
Y Knot wrote:

A stick on clock over it?
nancy

Junk yard?
Personally, for something that old, I'd just get a cheap stick on clock from the local chinese crap stuff sellers...
On 9/21/2010 2:14 AM, Y Knot wrote:

&lt;URL:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clock-Toyota-4Runner-96-02-4-Runner-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e58f6496dQQitemZ130341554541QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories&gt ;
If the link doesn't work search Ebay item 130341554541
JC
On 9/21/2010 2:14 AM, Y Knot wrote:

If you have to ask, it is probably beyond your skill set. But have you tried taking it out and cleaning all the connections, looking for bare or shorted wires, etc? No idea how many boards and bells and whistles the thing has, but unless it has trip functions or something, most are pretty simple. Wander around in the junkyard, and see if any other years and models are interchangeable. Does it not show numbers at all, or is the light just out? If the latter, the bulbs are usually replaceable.
The folks over in the Toyota truck groups may have better suggestions and hints.
--
aem sends...

First, the OBVIOUS. Are BOTH fuses good? It needs 2 power sources (and on some a third for lighting or dimming.
If they are all good the wreckers are your friend. I believe pickup clocks also fit - and there used to be several applications where by changing the plastic you could use a totally different application's clock.

it was 'working'.
PlainBill
On Sep 21, 5:30pm, snipped-for-privacy@yawho.com wrote:

An old joke that probably doesn't apply to a digital clock.
Kruse wrote:

It's never right, and it's never wrong. ;-)
enough left over to pay them.

Hi there, I had a similar problem with my 2000 Camry LE. I went to the dealer to get a new one, but they quoted me 300+ tax. I went on Ebay and found someone who would fix the clock and ship it back to me. That was about 2.5 yrs ago and the clock is still working fine. Mine is the external thermometer/clock combo. I think it was around 50 bucks for the shipping and repair.
I believe this was the guy that did it: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Toyota-Camry-Corolla-4Runner-Matrix-Clock-/200495187786?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eae71c74a
On 9/21/2010 1:14 AM, Y Knot wrote:

ya, run it off in a river and buy an American car.
--
Steve Barker
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:40:57 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Why would he want a downgrade?
--
You keep your K00L-Aid.
I'll have TEA.

Maybe he's tired of taking a Toyota in every other week for the recalls.........
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 04:38:02 -0700, Kruse wrote:

I know. My 1985 Corolla and my 1995 Tercel were both recalled for the EXACT SAME THING! Ten years apart, and you would think they would learn to tighten the ground screw on the radio antenna properly!
Jeeze, I tell ya.
--
You keep your K00L-Aid.
I'll have TEA.

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:17:23 -0700, Ron D. wrote:

In that it.....?

--
It says Last...In...Kadora
Gimme that! "La Stinkadora"

You'd be better off asking in a toyota centric newsgroup. There's at least three high traffic toyota groups in the alt.autos domain, including trucks.
nb